IPE/BC has submitted its recommendations to BC’s Select Standing Committee on Finance and Government Services for the upcoming year’s budget. Our submission reflects IPE/BC’s basic values and focuses on the following:
- Recognizing that public education is in the public interest and a critical element of our democratic society.
- Focusing funding initiatives to support the most vulnerable students.
- Avoiding a return to austerity to be able to recover from the damage of previous austerity measures.
- Defunding private/independent schools.
- Planning to incorporate remedies for the climate crisis in all areas of public education.
You can read the submission here.
We welcome feedback in our efforts to support public education in BC.